April 22, 2017
Benchmark videos taken before second hip surgery. Hip #1 had been replaced a year and a half prior.
- 0:15 Horse Walking Front
- 0:12 Horse Walking Back
- 0:29 Flower Bud
- 0:32 Side Roll
- 0:21 Front Roll
- 0:20 Back Roll
- 0:07 Cartwheel
- 0:19 Long Movement #1 (password required)
- 1:09 Long Movement #2 (password required)
- 1:08 Long Movement #2a (password required)
This is in the hospital on the day of surgery, about 5 hours after surgery… which occurred at the very dark of the moon.
April 26, 2017
April 28, 2017
This is Friday, the day I came home from the hospital. They want you to do stairs on a new hip for a single-hip replacement using the good leg to post up and down. A sturdy stair rail and upper body strength are key.
April 29-May 1, 2017
I had friends stay overnight with me the first 2 days after I returned. Five days after surgery, I visited Soja Mindbody Studio at their new location in Berkeley for their opening weekend. One of the other students very kindly drove me there and back. I spent about 2-3 hours there, and that was about right. I was very easily tired at this point.
May 3, 2017
8 days after surgery, I could walk several steps without any walking aid at all. In this series, I was messing around with my old bellydance moves to see what I could do.
May 5-10, 2017
Between 10 days and 2 weeks after surgery.
- 0:49 Planks and Dips Using Walker
- 1:37 Steppin Out Walker and Cane
- 1:15 Squares & Diamonds
- 1:07 Shackle Hands (from Nganga Mfundishi Tolo-Naa)
- 0:14 Parry Punch Stepping
- 0:30 Long Movement #1 (password required)
May 14, 2017
19 days after surgery, 2 ½ weeks.
May 21-29, 2017
A month after surgery.
- 0:16 Hands Free Stair Climb
- 1:20 Turkish 9/8 Step
- 0:42 Shoulder Squares Punching
- 0:21 Traveling Feet Looking Down
- 0:35 Taoist Staff Part 1 Moderate
June 21, 2017
Almost two months after surgery.
June 23, 2017
June 29, 2017